The Institute of Psychology (IPS) of the Czech Academy of Sciences (CAS) invites outstanding and enthusiastic junior PhD graduates to apply for a postdoc position funded jointly by CAS and IPS.
The Institute of Psychology includes a number of research groups and senior scientists covering a wide range of topics and areas in psychology and cognitive sciences, including but not limited to, for example:
- visual memory and attention
- psycholinguistics, language and speech acquisition
- intergroup relations and stereotypes
- life-span development and aging
- social and emotional development in adolescence
- occupational health and organizational psychology, higher education studies
Experimental apparatus available at the Institute (Prague branch) includes an eyetrakcer, EEG/ERP and fNIRS. Potential applicants are encouraged to read the profiles of researchers on the website, identify their potential mentors, and approach them in advance for informal inquiries.
- Each position is of 12–24 months duration.
- Possible locations: Prague, Brno.
- Application deadline: 15 April 2023 or 15 September 2023
- Starting date: the following July, 1 or January, 1.
- This is a full-time fixed term contract appointment.
- Monthly gross salary: 37 000 CZK., with possible increase in the next year if grant funding available. Cost Of Living Comparison
- Additional bonus - Travel package for the total duration: up to 20 000 CZK for conferences or research stays.
- No teaching duties
- Applicants must:
- have PhD in a relevant discipline not older than 2 years prior to the starting date; some exception may be granted if time spent on parental leave;
- be fluent in English.
- The applications are to be sent to email@example.com, , using the phrase “postdoc position” in the subject, and should contain:
- Structured CV. Use the following outline:
- personal data
- current affiliation and work position
- overview of previous jobs including respective work positions
- teaching experience
- research activities, including grant activities
- international research stays and acquired professional experience
- publications, presentations
- additional information
- Brief description of applicant’s research interests and of intended research plan during the fellowship highlighting possible cooperation inside the institute, especially:
- the key research topics
- an outline of the workplan (max. 4 500 characters).
- Projects on which Applicant is going to work.
- Three letters of recommendation – one can be from a scientist currently working at the Institute of Psychology, and one from the applicant’s current affiliation. The referees should send their recommendations directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the phrase “postdoc recommendation” in the subject.
- Proof(s) of obtained degree(s).