Institute of Psychology
The Czech Academy of Sciences
Praha 1, 110 00
Tel.: (+420) 221 403 909
Current research interests
- Working environment in academia, field and discipline specifics
- Support to early-career researchers, mentoring
- Gender inequalities in academia
- Exits from academic career, intersectoral mobility
- Academic/professional identities
- 2011 - 2020 PhD in Sociology, Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University
- 2007 - 2010 MA in Gender studies, Faculty of Humanities, Charles University
- 2002 - 2006 BA in Humanities, Faculty of Humanities, Charles University
- 2020 - present Researcher, Institute of Psychology CAS, Department of Methodology, Organizational Studies in Higher Education (OSHE) team
- 2020 - present Researcher, University of Hradec Králové
- 2009 - 2019 Researcher, coordinator of mentoring programs, expert in the field of gender and science
2011-2014, The exit of early career researchers from Czech public science (principal investigator, PhD research project), Charles University Grant Agency (GAUK), 694512.
2009-2010, The political and legislative discourse of the institute of advanced child maintenance in the Czech Republic (principal investigator, MA research project), Charles University Grant Agency (GAUK), 59009.
Research grants - cooperation
- 2020 - 2022 Excellent research between an individual, institution, and discourse: Collaborative construction of research productivity at research institutions. The Czech Science Foundation Grant (PI dr. Kateřina Zábrodská)
- 2018 - 2019 Equality of women and men in the Czech foreign policy and development cooperation, OPZ (CZ.03.1.51/0.0/0.0/15_028/0006338)
- 2017 - 2020 Centre for Gender and Science, MŠMT (LTI17013)
- 2017 - 2018 Analysis of barriers and strategy promoting gender, MPSV (CZ.03.1.51/0.0/0.0/15_028/0003571)
- 2014 - 2017 Support for international cooperation in the field of mentoring: networking and research (MENTOR), MŠMT (LE 14021)
- 2014 - 2016 TRansforming Institutions by Gendering contents and Gaining Equality in Research (TRIGGER), EC FP7 – Science i Society (611034)
- 2012 - 2015 Centre for Gender and Science, MŠMT (LE 12003)
- 2008 - 2012 Centre for Gender and Science, MŠMT (OK 08007)
Publications in English
Cidlinská, K. 2019. How not to scare off women: different needs of female early-stage researchers in STEM and SSH fields and the implications for support measures. Higher Education Research. 78 (2): 365-388.
Nyklová, B., Cidlinská, K., Fárová, N. 2019. International relations in the Czech Republic: Where have all the women gone? Mezinárodní vztahy/International Relations. 54 (2): 5-23.
Cidlinská, K., Vohlídalová, M. 2017. Gloomy prospects of Czech academic science: who gets lost and why? In: M. Vohlídalová, M. Linková (eds.). Gender and neoliberalism in Czech academia. Prague: SLON, 314-344.
Policy recommendations and manuals
Linková, M., Cidlinská, K., Fárová, N., Maříková, H., Tenglerová, H., Vohlídalová, M. 2018. Academics 2018: proposals for measures to support equality in research and higher education. Prague: Institute of Sociology, Czech Academy of Sciences.
Cidlinská, K., Fucimanová, M. 2018. Mentoring. Career Development of Early Career Researchers. Prague: Institute of Sociology, Czech Academy of Sciences.
Paper in conference proceedings
Cidlinská, K., Linková, M. 2017. The Czech Academy of Sciences. In: A. Jakab, Z. Körtvélyesi (eds.). The Situation and Reform Opportunities of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences – Historical and Comparative Outlooks. Budapest: Osiris Kiadó, 169-177.
Cidlinská, K., Fucimanová, M. (eds.). 2017. Mentoring: beyond the manuals. Prague: Institute of Sociology, Czech Academy of Sciences.
FOTO: Jan Jirkovský